On 1 July 2005 Corpus Christi Parish was formed, following the realignment of Holy Family Parish, Gowrie and St Francis of Assisi Parish, Calwell.
Corpus Christi Parish is located in the Tuggeranong Valley in the southern part of the Australian Capital Territory. It comprises the suburbs of Banks, Calwell, Chisholm, Conder, Fadden, Gilmore, Gordon, Gowrie, Isabella Plains, Macarthur, Richardson, Theodore, Thawa and rural surrounds.
The Parish is the largest in the Canberra & Goulburn Archdiocese [Diocesan Rank #1] and has 17224 Catholics. There are a total of 53969 (2006 national survey) people in this parish. The parish is 31.9% Catholic with 8273 males and 8951 females and is the 6th largest parish in Australia.
The Parish Office is located on the corner of
Castleton Crescent and Bugden Avenue, Gowrie.
DUE TO THE CORONAVIRUS OUR OFFICE HOURS ARE
CURRENTLY TUES – FRI 9am – 1pm.
Holy Family Church utilises the same address as the parish office but is situated across the car park. The church was opened and dedicated on 27th July 1985 by Archbishop Francis Carroll.
Sacred Heart Church is a small heritage listed church located at 100 Casey Crescent, Calwell and was first opened in 1902.
There are two parish rooms available for use to members of the parish community. The Parish Centre, Gowrie is located adjacent to the Parish Office. The Assisi Room is located at the back of the Presbytery at 100 Casey Crescent, Calwell. Bookings for both rooms can be made by contacting the Parish Office.